Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pizza, Pizza, PIZZA!!

We love pizza in this house. I've tried a cauliflower crust pizza recipe and I just wasn't a fan. It kind of turned into mush instead of a real crust, yuck. So I decided to try something new. I found two recipes on pinterest that I was interested in trying. And bonus, they were both super easy.
Zucchini Crust Pizza
Crispy Cheese Crust
Here is Carter "reading" me the recipe

I decided to kind of combine the two. I used zucchini but added a little more cheese than it calls for and I did my own seasonings.

 I used grated and frozen zucchini that my friend, Megan, gave me (thanks lady!). I approximated 2 small zucchinis, just grate them with a large grater. Drain all of the water out of the zucchini.
Add 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
1 large egg
and Spices! I used garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and a bit of pepper.
Mix that sucker up! I used my hands because a whisk was useless.
Spread it out on a greased baking dish.
 Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes.
  I did 13 and as you can see it got crispy. But it really depends on how thick you spread out the mix. I did it pretty thin because we like a thin crust pizza.
Next, top that bad boy with whatever you want. I used whatever I had in the refrigerator (sausage, peppers, onion, and a bit of bacon) and of course your sauce of choice. But remember to read the labels! I used Organicville's Organic Pizza Sauce (3 net carbs per 1/4 cup).
Now bake it again, just long enough to melt your cheese.

 It was very, very good! I accidentally burned the edges but it was still delicious. Even Andy called this one a "make again"! It's definitely not doughy but it's savory and if you were having a serious pizza craving this would satisfy you. I didn't try it on any kids (other than Andy, who eats like a child sometimes) but it seems like a kid friendly recipe.

Anywho, try this bad boy! It's worth your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment