Sunday, January 12, 2014

Low Carb Lovelies

Happy New Year! 2013 was a big year at the Wolf household. But with a new year comes new ideas. I know everyone makes resolutions to lose weight but we aren't really looking to just lose weight. We are looking to feel better. Andy and I did Atkins/low carb high protein in 2012 and it was the best we've ever felt. We had more energy, we slept better, we were happier, etc. But after finding out I was pregnant we just went a little food crazy, which we are paying for now. After doing a bit of research I have come to the conclusion that I might be a little gluten intolerant. Which explains why I felt so darn good after we cut out all gluten. The whole 4-5 months we were low carb-ing life, I didn't have one headache/migraine; my skin cleared up of PK, acne, and eczema; I actually felt rested when I woke up in the morning (instead of taking an hour to actually get out of bed), my stomach never felt upset, and I honestly was never hungry. It was truly amazing.
In any case, we are dying to feel better again. So low carb here we come! I will be posting my weekly menus here along with the recipes I will be using. I may let you know if we lose weight or not and I will stay accountable here. If I cheat, you will know. If I make great progress, you will know.

Here is this week's menu:
Sunday: Creamy Cheesy Chicken with saucy spaghetti squash
Monday: Roast with Mashed Garlic Cauliflower
Tuesday: Mustard Balsamic Chicken with Bacon Green Beans
Wednesday: Grilled Chicken with Spaghetti (squash) and Pesto Cream Sauce
Thursday: Baked Fish and zucchini mix
Friday: Steak and spaghetti squash au graten
Saturday: Shredded Chicken Taco lettuce wraps
Sunday: Cheeseburger Pie

I will check in later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment