Monday, January 13, 2014

Creamy Cheesy Chicken

I used this recipe, but I doubled it so we will have lunches:

Ingredients
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used boneless skinless strips)
4 oz softened cream cheese
2 tablespoons softened butter
2 tablespoons whole cream 
1 tablespoon minced onion (I omitted this simply because I didn't have any)
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I used cheddar and I used more than 1/2 a cup)
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a 9x9 inch (we used 9x13) baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and place your chicken in without overlapping. 

2. Mix the cream cheese, butter, cream, onion, and spices and spread the mixture evenly over the chicken. 

3. Spread the cheese on top and bake for about 45 minutes or until chicken is done. Let it rest and cool a bit after taking it from the oven. 

 http://www.sugarfreelikeme.com/2013/12/creamy-cheesy-chicken.html

It was super amazing! Andy was seriously impressed! Ours was a little runny because we used frozen chicken but it didn't bother us at all. Instead of inced onion I used garlic powder because we didn't have minced onion and we are garlic fans.
For our side dish we had spaghetti squash with spaghetti sauce. My sweet friend, Megan, made spaghetti sauce over the summer and, holy guacamole, it's awesome.
To make spaghetti squash you cut that sucker in half and clean out the seeds and pulp with a spoon. Then you place the halves in the microwave with damp paper towels laid on top. I microwave for 12 minutes and then let them sit for a bit in the microwave. If you look at the squash and it has started to separate then it is time to "shred" it. Be careful! That stuff is crazy hot when you take it out of the microwave.  Then mix it with your sauce and put a little Parmesan cheese on top! 
This is definitely a do again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment